Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Solo Painting

Or should I say, something to keep me motivated while I'm busy. This time next month, my wife and I are going to be home owners. Its a daunting task for both of us and we're really excited. With that being said, I don't want to lose touch with my friends in Warmachine and the hobby of painting cool miniatures. Keeping in touch with the guys shouldn't be difficult with all the forms of communication around but I don't want to fall behind when it comes to a painted army.

Right now, half of my Protectorate army is painted and the other half is put together with bases but isn't even primed. There's several solos I could paint to keep me going in the grand scheme of having a fully painted army. Believe me, I want to get there one day and if I manage to paint at least one solo a month, I think I can keep myself motivated.

As of today, I have one Reclaimer, one Paladin, and Vilmon that are unpainted. Throw in Severius and there's four simple models that I could add to my fully painted list. My quest for the next four to five months is to paint one or two of these guys a month. I know there's people out there that can paint a solo in two hours but I'm a slow painter and it takes much longer.

By the time September rolls around, I should have some more painted up miniatures to add to my army. If things go well and I knock them out quickly, I'll pick up another Vassal, two Allegiants, and a couple of Menofixers. I really want to get my hands on a Menofixer, my jacks are begging to be fixed up in the midst of battle.

Lets hope I can do this...Wish me luck.

No comments: